Friday, June 17, 2016

Planning

Do you use a paper planner for organization?  Do you use the calendar app on your phone, computer, or tablet?  Or do you rely on your fantastic memory to keep up with things you need to do?    I've used a paper planner since I was a child, and at the invention of the Palm Pilot, I had the Zire model and I thought, "Hey, this is SO much better than a paper planner!  It's so cool!"...
Then the inevitable happened... I dropped it, and it broke, so I lost all my information I'd stored in there.  I was upset!
So, I went back to paper planners again, as I've never just been walking, and all the paper and information I had just decided to fly away if I dropped it.
I use a MAMBI Happy Planner.  I got my first one last July, and replaced it with one that begins this July.  Not only is it beautiful and functional, I'm able to remove and replace pages (even put different pages inside) with ease, and that's convenient since I typically take my planner with me when I work, so I can leave months out that I don't need at the time (I store them on extra discs I have), and that system works for me.
I don't go all crazy with the decorating most of the time, as I also use my planner to journal, too.  I use washi tape, colored pens, some stickers, and if I'm feeling extra sassy (or less lazy!), I use my stamps, too.
I'm a visual person who does well with tactile memory, and I always have been.  I was the girl who did color coded note cards for studying.  My handwriting is pretty, as being a visual thinker, aesthetically pleasing handwriting is important to me and helps me remember whatever it is I'm trying to devote to memory.
I still keep my calendar updated on my phone, Surface Pro, and Chromebook, as well, but what I prefer the most is my Happy Planner!





No comments:

Post a Comment